DATE LIMITE DE CANDIDATURE: 15 Octobre 2019
SELECTION OF COUNTRY CHAMPIONS
- The program designates one Country Champion per State. The nominations are valid for one year. They are tacitly renewed each year for a maximum period of 5 years with their agreement and after evaluation of their work taking into account their active involvement for the advancement of the program and democracy, peace, security, human rights etc. in their respective countries.
- When a previously appointed Country Champion is being renewed for another term, no application will be sought or considered in the country concerned for the current year.
WHO CAN APPLY?
- The Country Champion position is for mid-career professionals working actively in the areas of democracy, development and the rule of law. Candidates can work as policy makers, academics, legal professionals, social entrepreneurs, entrepreneurs and leaders of civil society organizations (such as representatives of trade unions, non-governmental organizations, the media, business and professional associations). In their current capacity, candidates must play an important and influential role in the political, economic and social development of their country. Participants must demonstrate their professional and personal achievements in a relevant area of democracy, development and the rule of law.
- The position is voluntary and all tasks must be completed during the Champion's free time.
- All candidates must strictly observe the Code of Ethics and the general program policy.
Due to the sensitivity of the Country Champion's mission, we take our selection criteria very seriously. Please carefully review the criteria below before submitting your application to the program. If you do not meet these criteria, your application will not be considered.
- A recent CV
- An attestation letter *, approved and signed by the hierarchy of your Institution.
- Candidates must be mid-career professionals and have at least 3 years of experience to be retained. Those with more experience are much more competitive in the selection process.
- Candidates must be at least 18 years old.
- Candidates must work actively in the field of democracy, development and the rule of law.
We attach great importance to hands-on experience and we only admit candidates to the extent that they are active in government, public policy, civil society, economic development and the rule of law. They should occupy management positions in their respective sectors.
- Candidates must have a good command of English and / or French written and spoken